On June 4 at 12:30 the opening ceremony of GoCamp – the largest volunteer project in Eastern Europe will take place. The event will be held at “Dnipro” children`s center. Address: Kozyn, Solovianenko Str. 214 b, Obukhiv district, Kyiv region.
The event will start with a press conference involving organizers, Ambassadors of the foreign countries, representatives of the Presidential Administration and state ministries. The second part is the international picnic where hundreds of foreign volunteers of the first GoCamp wave will take part.
The opening ceremony will be an extraordinary event for both participants and project organizers, as it will have the format of a multinational picnic, which will bring together diverse cultures in one place. Volunteers will get acquainted with each other, their countries` attributes, flags and, of course, national dishes.
- Mustafa Nayyem, Co-founder of the Global Office, MP;
- Rostyslav Pavlenko, Deputy Head of the Presidential Administration;
- Pavlo Khobzey, Deputy Minister of Education and Science of Ukraine;
- Oleksandr Yarema, Deputy Minister of Youth and Sport;
- Olexandr Gorgan, Head of the Kyiv regional state administration;
- Petro Chernyshov, President of Kyivstar;
- Marie Louise Yovanovitch, US Ambassador to Ukraine;
- Judith Gough, Ambassador of Great Britain to Ukraine;
- Luc Jacobs, Ambassador of Belgium to Ukraine;
- Manoj Kumar Bharti, Ambassador of India to Ukraine (to be confirmed);
- Melissa O’Rourke, Australian Ambassador to Ukraine.
- Oksana Nechyporenko, Director of Global Office;
GoCamp is a language camp programme for secondary schools that has attracted 129,600 children from all regions of Ukraine in the past three years. In 2018, during four waves of camps, volunteers from 73 countries will come to Ukraine to share their culture with their students and help them learn foreign languages.
In total, with a support of the Ministry of Youth and Sport of Ukraine, four orientation trainings for GoCamp volunteers will take place in Kyiv: from 2nd to 5th and from 9th to 12th June, as well as from 2nd to 5th and from 9th to 12th August 2018. During these days, volunteers will receive unique English language teaching techniques which will be used during the GoCamp language camps.
Media Accreditation: https://goo.gl/81H5YS
There will be a bus transfer for the media representatives from Druzhby Narodiv metro station to the Dnipro Center.
A person with a GoCamp flag will stand next to the Furniture House (Dim Mebliv).
Departure is on June 4 at 11:30, transfer back to Kyiv – at 15:30.
Tetyana Kirilenko – 050 97 93 596.