On 9 June at 12.00, in the presence of GoCamp project managers, ambassadors and other dignitaries, 200 international volunteers from 140 countries officially join the All-Ukraine educational project for language school camps. The opening for this second wave of volunteers will be held at the Child’s Health Centre “Dnipro” (21B Solovianenko, Kozin village, Obuhiv district, Kyiv region).
- Oksana Nechyporenko, director of Global Office;
- Judith Gough, the Ambassador of Great Britain in Ukraine;
- Marie Yovanovitch, the USA Ambassador in Ukraine;
- Daniel Lissner, Deputy head of the Department of Culture and Education, German Embassy
- Roman Greba, deputy Minister of education and science in Ukraine;
- Oleksandr Yarema, deputy Minister of youth and sports in Ukraine;
- Oleksandr Gorgan, the Head of Kyiv state administration;
- Olena Shershun, director AIESEC Ukraine;
- Mustafa Nayyem, co-founder of Global Office, deputy of Ukraine
- Lila Dlaboha, volunteer GoCamp (USA)
The GoCamp project for summer school camps 2017 started on 26 May, and there are now almost 200 GoCamp volunteers already working in schools all over Ukraine. With the help of interactive methods and games, students study foreign languages and develop their communication skills. Through example, volunteers also teach children how to become effective leaders and conscientious citizens, how not to be afraid of speaking a foreign language and the importance of respecting other cultures and nations.
International volunteers on the camps will live with host families, experiencing Ukrainian dishes, customs and traditions. They will also travel around Ukraine; sharing their impressions online with hashtegs: #UkraineGoesGlobal та #GoCamp2017.
It is planned to enlist over 600 international volunteers who will work with approximately 60 000 Ukrainian students over the summer.
Before going to their camps, international volunteers are provided with a comprehensive training course on the methodology of working with children as well as child safety. This training will take place from 8 to 11 June, 2017 at the Child’s Health Centre “Dnipro”, and during this programme volunteers will also share about their countries and their experiences as well as learn necessary information about Ukraine.
Mass Media Note: In a press – briefing day: 9th, June at 10 a.m. the transfer is ordered (АА8714ІХ) from Druzhbi Narodiv metro station (the House of furniture side).
Driver Mykola Ivanovych – 067 834 33 55.
Additional information: Tetiana Kyrylenko – 050 97 93 596.